- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese 1% or low fat
- 1/2 cup of grated old cheddar cheese
- Molasses and Bacon Spices (or other)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cooking Spray
- Pie Plate
- Blend eggs and egg whites in medium bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and molasses and bacon spices – I use Grill House.
- In a frying pan, with lid, add oil, and lightly grill green onions and spinach.
- Add this mixture to the eggs and blend.
- Blend in cottage cheese
- Lightly dust cooking spray onto pie plate, and pour in egg mixture.
- Top with old shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahreheit, for 45 minutes.
Cool slightly and cut into 4-6 pieces.
Serve with grilled vegetables.
You may add any other vegetables such as mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, and/or cooked chicken, ham etc.
I like to grill or drain any of my vegetables prior to baking as the water will release while baking, making your quiche more watery.